DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Rejected state return

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I filed my federal return and it was accepted.  I have the earned income credit and the additional child tax credit.  My federal return was accepted on the 17th.  I received an email stating my MI return was rejected and to sign in to fix any error.  When I did as requested, no errors were found, and I was told I cannot electronically submit my state return due to an e-filed return processing issue...I have to print and mail it.  Nothing has changed from years past to this year. 

What can I do to change to allow an electronic submission?

Tax Pro

Re: Rejected state return

Hi rhonda537,

Welcome to the community.

Wish I had better news for you on this one.  The best thing you can do is wait at least 24-48 hours and the try again.  Michigan may not be accepting e-filed returns yet and that may be what the issue is.

If you're still unable to e-file in a couple of days then go ahead and mail the return.  It will take perhaps 1-2 extra days to get to your state department of revenue, but it will process in the same amount of time as if you had e-filed it so you probably won't notice any difference in the timing of your refund.

If you have any other questions we'll be here.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Valued Pioneer

Hi.

Ok, thank you for your response.  I'll give it a day or 2, and if that fails, I'll just mail it in.

Rhonda

Tax Pro

You're quite welcome.

Valued Pioneer

I just had this happen as well with my mn return
Pioneer

Happened to me as well. I will give it a day or two and try again.

Pioneer

Same here and I don't know why but it is causing me a great deal of anxiety 

Pioneer

This happend to me as well.
Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Happened to me as well. My MN AGI was submitted as zero even though my MN Gross Income was positive.

Pioneer

The worst thing abouy mu situation is that is isn't telling me a reason for why it was rejected it is just telling me that I cannot efile it. And I am not at a point where I can call anyone to ask either