DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Rejected state return

[ Edited ]

Just happened to me and my MN return also. Did not give a reason either, just an 'e-filed return processing error.' Options are to mail or wait.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

We just received a status update from our digital products team on some of the state forms.

If you are using H&R Block software here is an up-to-date list of states that are currently pending efile certification with an expected target date:

GA – 1/27 (target date)

MA – 1/23 (to be turned today)

ME – 1/27 (target date)

NY – 1/27 (target date)

VA – 1/27 (target date)

WI – 1/27 (target date)

LA – Waiting for efile certification and form approval

OH – Efile certified but waiting for form approval 

If you are using H&R Block online product  below is the outstanding list of states that are currently in process of getting certified for efile:

Connecticut

Georgia

Hawaii

Louisiana

Maine

Mississippi

New York

North Carolina

We will update this thread as we get additional information.

Tax Pro

[ Edited ]

Please see the previous post as our moderator beat me to it on this one.  There are some states where e-file is still being set-up and that's what has been causing the errors.

Tax Pro

Hi mjkhokanson,

I've just received an update from our moderators on this issue.  The e-file issues do have to do with e-file certification being set-up so it's not an error on your part.  Updates will be posted as they are available.  Here is what our moderators said:

We just received a status update from our digital products team on some of the state forms.

If you are using H&R Block software here is an up-to-date list of states that are currently pending efile certification with an expected target date:

GA – 1/27 (target date)

ME – 1/27 (target date)

NY – 1/27 (target date)

VA – 1/27 (target date)

WI – 1/27 (target date)

If you are using H&R Block online product  below is the outstanding list of states that are currently in process of getting certified for efile:

Connecticut

Georgia

Hawaii

Louisiana

Maine

Mississippi

New York

North Carolina

Tax Pro

Hi MarkDing16,

I've just received an update from our moderators on this issue.  The e-file issues do have to do with e-file certification being set-up so it's not an error on your part.  Updates will be posted in this thread as they are available and yes you should wait a couple of days and then try again according to the list below.  Here is what our moderators said:

GA – 1/27 (target date)
ME – 1/27 (target date)
NY – 1/27 (target date)
VA – 1/27 (target date)
WI – 1/27 (target date)

Connecticut
Georgia
Hawaii
Louisiana
Maine
Mississippi
New York
North Carolina

Tax Pro

Hi Samiialexxis,

I've just received an update from our moderators on this issue.  The e-file issues do have to do with e-file certification being set-up so it's not an error on your part.  Updates will be posted as they are available.  Here is what our moderators said:

GA – 1/27 (target date)

ME – 1/27 (target date)

NY – 1/27 (target date)

VA – 1/27 (target date)

WI – 1/27 (target date)

Connecticut

Georgia

Hawaii

Louisiana

Maine

Mississippi

New York

North Carolina

Tax Pro

Hi Jmleslie,

GA – 1/27 (target date)

ME – 1/27 (target date)

NY – 1/27 (target date)

VA – 1/27 (target date)

WI – 1/27 (target date)

Connecticut

Georgia

Hawaii

Louisiana

Maine

Mississippi

New York

North Carolina

Tax Pro

Hi VigilantNihilis,

GA – 1/27 (target date)

ME – 1/27 (target date)

NY – 1/27 (target date)

VA – 1/27 (target date)

WI – 1/27 (target date)

Connecticut

Georgia

Hawaii

Louisiana

Maine

Mississippi

New York

North Carolina

Valued Pioneer

Thank you,

My return is from Minnesota, so would this still be the case?

Trusted Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Another MN taxpayer who's efile has been rejected and did not get a detailed reason why my state taxes were rejected. My federal was filed and accepted no problem. I've used HRB in the past and have never had any issues. 

I paid for the functionality of submitting my state forms with e-file being a major part of the functionality. Not very happy - especially when there is not any detail on the rejection itself. Simply "rejected" and some notifications. Man Sad