DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Reject code

I have a return rejected for SA-F1040-022 which pertains to Sch A medical deduction. The taxpayer had no medical deductions at all and I don't know how to resend the return based on trying to correct an error that shouldn't exist. Is this a system glitch?

Highlighted
Trusted Council Member

Re: Reject code

Hi DianeKM,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

This code indicates a mismatch between your Schedule A deductions total and your total deductions reported on the 1040.  The amount on the 1040 must match either your Schedule A total or your standard deduction total.

If you do not have enough deductions so that your Schedule A deductions total is greater than your standard deduction amount then remove Schedule A from your tax return.

If you are a single taxpayer then your standard deduction amount is $6,350, for a head of household it is $9,350, and for married taxpayers filing jointly the standard deduction is $12,700.

Note that some forms in the software are being worked on, so this may be something that the update tomorrow or the second update on the 27th will fix.  I would try to re-file on the 28th or 29th if you think it may be a glitch.  Also, the filing season does not actually start until the 29th.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)