DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: I get error code 2000 when I try to import from Edward Jones. what is error code 2000??

I get the same error. I think it is because I have additional security when I log in. Most applications will ask for the additional infromation. H&R block does not. Is there something else I can do to correct this issue? Entering manually is not a good solution. The application should be designed to handle the additional security.

Please let me know if there is any way to correct.

Associate (Council Member)

Re: I get error code 2000 when I try to import from Edward Jones. what is error code 2000??

Bruce1

Welcome to the Community. Error code 2000 means that you are not using the correct authentication credentials. You will need to contact your Financial Institution to verify your login information.

Thanks, JerryG

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Pioneer

I don't think that is correct.   I can sign in directly to the financial institution's website with the exact username and password that I enter in to H&R Block software and can get in every time.  Time to stop blaming the user and/or financial institution and fix error code 2000.   I never had this problem with TurboTax!!

Pioneer

Same problem here.  Main value of tax package is import feature!

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Same here. May go back to TT next year. Just used the same credentials to sign into EJ.

Pioneer

I just spoke with an eployee of Edward Jones.  He informed me that they had requested H & R Block to fix some errors on their program.  H & R Block declined to do what was required so none of us can import out data.  Told the fellow that there should have been a notice posted for all their clients !!  Mine is too complicated to put the numbers in by hand.  Guess I will have to purchase Turbo Tax and start over.  Not nice, but at least we know the reason why.

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

This isn't the first time that I've experienced H&R Block not being able to import from Edward Jones. I can't recall how many years ago I had the issue, but H&R Block and EJ worked it out. I would like to hear from H&R Block that a.) They acknowlege there is an issue with importing from EJ and we all haven't simply forgotten our passphrases, and b.) They are going to work with EJ to correct the issue.

Update 3/2/2016: I just opened my H&R Block software and there was an update notice for the Federal portion. I installed the update, allowed the software to restart, and I'm now able to successfully import from Edward Jones.

Pioneer

Very disappointed in Block for not fixing this.  I agree that one of major benefits is import of financial statements.  I guess I will suffer through manual entry this year but I will be going back to TT going forward.