DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: How do I chat online with the H&R rep?

It is still not working 24/7.   Talking about the tax-question chat (as opposed to the Program Help chat, which is available).

Despite following the directions specifically a number of times, I found it only worked at certain times.

Both times I made note of it not working, it was between 11 PM and midnite.  Either it isn't 24x7 or maybe the queue is so long they are shutting it off?

When it was available, I waited ~ 20 minutes with no indication of progress or how long of a wait or how long the queue is.  I realize wait times will be very long right now, but would expect some indication of number of people ahead of you queue or something.  They used to have that.   

So basically to me the claim on the product advertising that support is available is, for practical purposes, of no use to me.  Something to consider in future years...

Pioneer

I'm very computer savvy and I can't even find it after the step by step instructions, IT'S NOT FREAKING THERE, good god this program is terrible, I can't even figure out out to get the right return form to start my taxes. I'm done, getting a refund, no wonder they put it on sale for 36 bucks, but it's not even worth that, I wouldn't use it even if they PAID ME.

Tax Pro

[ Edited ]

Hi 95turbosol,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

In order to access chat you have to go through all of the steps in the help menu.  Once you've done that you'll come to the options for chat.  It is buried pretty deep so I'm going to provide you with a link below right after some step by step instructions.

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:

If you're using the H&R Block online software:

• Click Chat Now. 
  • Click Get Program Help.
  • Click Get additional help at the bottom of the search results.
  • Press Enter.
  • Scroll down and type something in the search box.
  • Click Help Center at the top of the screen.

If you're using the H&R Block desktop software:

• Click Help on the left of the screen. 
  • Click Customer Support
  • Click Click Here next to step 2. 
  • Click Get Started under Need Support Using The Program. 
  • Scroll down the page and click Contact Us under Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? 
  • Click Go to My Block under Contact Options. 
  • You will be prompted to create or login to an account. Click Create Account. 
  • Scroll down and click Get Assistance. 
  • Scroll down and click Contact Us. 
  • Click Chat Now. 

Louis,
Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Associate (Pioneer)

Online chat is not yet available for tax assistance.  It will open on Monday 1/15/2018.  The hours are 10am-10pm EST Mon thru Friday, and 9am-5pm EST Sat and Sun.

Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

Sorry - I just realized that in my last post I showed EST.  That should actually be CST.