DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Trusted Pioneer

Re: How do I chat online with the H&R rep?

Link didn't work. This is enough to make me never use H&R block again. I'm been searing around the website for 30 minutes looking for the Chat option and getting more and more frustrated by the minute ... and I haven't even started with the tax software yet. Chat is nowhere to be found, even though it says it's available 24/7 during this time period.

Valued Pioneer

The whole site is frustrating. Online chat should be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week according to the page I found. 

GRRRR

Trusted Pioneer

Yeah LouisH, can you explain that?

Pioneer

Wow, this is a secret link to chat. I also spent 20 mins but could not find any link from H&R web site to chat. It asks to sign in to chat and and asks to go to MyBlock but there is no link for chat.

It's funny. H&R says the chat hours are 24/7  from January 16 to April 21, 2017 but after clicking on the secret link, it says:

We're sorry, chat is currently unavailable
Chat hours are listed below.
Monday - Friday:  08:00 AM - 05:00 PM CST
Saturday - Sunday:  Closed
It is currently Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017 08:04 PM CST
Trusted Pioneer

Please respond as to why it says Chat is available 24/7 but then you say it's available only during the week when people are at work and can't work on their taxes. That's just plain false advertising.

Trusted Pioneer

Yes the chat link still does not work!  It mentions hours way different than the 24x7 they claim for this time.

Highlighted

richard27,

You can access chat 24/7 through the product.

If you are using the online software:

(1) Make sure that you're in the online software on any screen in your tax return.

(2) Click on the "help center" link at the top of the page.

(3) Click on any main topic on the list.

(4) Click on your choice of topic under that main topic.

(5) Click "view more" on one of the frequently asked questions on the link that opens up.

(6) Click on "contact us".

(7) Click on either "get program help" or "ask a tax question".

(8) The chat support option will appear.

If you are using desktop software:

1. Click Help under the Refund/Owe meter in the H&R Block software.
  2. A new window will appear, click Customer Support.
  3. Click Click here.
  4. Click Get Started under Need Support Using this Program
  5. Scroll down the page and click Contact Us under Still haven't found what you're looking for?
  6. Click Go to MyBlock under Contact Options for 2016
  7. You will be prompted to create or login to a My H&R Block account. Create a new account.
  8. Click Get Assistance.
  9. If you do not see the Contact H&R Block button, start the process from the beginning by clicking Create Account on Step 5.
  10. If you click the link and no window appears disable popups. If the window appears but is blank delete cookies and temporary Internet files. See the article Troubleshooting Browser and Login Issues (5538) for browser specific steps.
  11. Scroll down the page and click Contact Us under Still haven't found what you're looking for?
  12. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Chat Now under Need Program Help

Harold

Pioneer

Unfortunately this still doesn't work.  I tried it as posted above starting from within the desktop software.

That page part way through the process says it should be available 24/7, but it just says "Unavailable" for "Tax Rules Question?".

I tried the "Need Program Help?" for the purpose of asking what the hours are for "Tax Rules Questions?", but it stuck on "searching for agent" for about 10 minutes with no indication of progress or position in queue.  As I recall in the past it gave a queue position or estimated wait time, so you at least knew you were in line.

Anyone know what the real hours are for "Tax Rules Question?" chat?

Pioneer

Thanks for the info...

Followed the instruction given & able to go to "Chat Now".

You should have an account & sign in to see the  "Need Program Help" >  "Chat Now".

If you don't have an account, please create one to be able to contact H&R Block Associate or Rep.

Pioneer

I had same bad experience cant chat online with HR block agent