DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Re: AGI

My tax return got rejected because of this same issue. There is no where on the website for me to change the AGI for myself or my spouse. I've called up H&R Block and their support reps are very unhelpful. I've called twice and both times they told me that I need to either call the IRS or file via paper. This is very frustrating and annoying. I've filed with TurboTax for the past 3 years, and only decided to go with H&R Block because my brother told me I should try them. Biggest mistake I've made. 

Please advise your members on how to fix this. It's obviously a problem being experienced by many.

Client Support

Hello russelh15;

I'm sorry about the experience you've had so far. You don't need to call the IRS actually, there is a web form you can fill out that you can use to reset your PIN, rather than use the prior year AGI.

Here is the link: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request

Speaking from experience, this is more reliable method, as I've spoken to clients whose returns had been rejected by the IRS, even though they were entering exactly what the IRS said was their correct prior year AGI.

I hope this resolves the issue for you.

Pioneer

We're experiencing the same issue. We don't want to use that solution. We don't want a webform. We don't want an extra piece of paper to keep on file. We want to edit the AGI we entered. It's a pretty simple thing to do. And, we were able to do so using a different product in a previous tax year. The fact that H&R Block software is incapable of allowing users to re-enter the AGI seems like lazy programming. Your customer service reps took FOUR hours to regurgitate the web-form info back at me.... as if I couldn't read it the first time. I truly expected better of H&R Block. But guess you folks really are Blockhead after all. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Pioneer

Oh. And this happened on our State return which we paid for. Last time we ever make that mistake. We'll be using a competitor next year.

Highlighted

If you need to edit your AGI just right click on the box, choose overwrite, and put the new number in the pop up box.

Thank you Ray50!  The answer I was looking for.