DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Program Update on Mac - Installer Stuck

Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Looks like there's another update today---

I was able to get the update to work by downloading it manually from here:

ftp://ftp1.taxcut.com/2017/fed/

Here's the links for the C updates:

ftp://ftp1.taxcut.com/2017/fed/HRBlock_Basic_2017_Update_C.dmg

ftp://ftp1.taxcut.com/2017/fed/HRBlock_Deluxe_2017_Update_C.dmg

ftp://ftp1.taxcut.com/2017/fed/HRBlock_Premium_2017_Update_C.dmg

Esteemed Pioneer

Today's update does not work inside the software.  If I update in the app I get the same freaking "Gathering Information...."

Why the heck is this so hard for you guys???

Esteemed Pioneer

"Looks like there's another update today---"

I downloaded the update and applied it but the software still thinks I need to update.  When I click on Update it opens the box and says the update is 0.00MB and the Update button is grayed out.

ARGH!!!!!

Valued Pioneer

Try going into ~/Library/Application Support/H&RBlock/2017. There's a folder called "Pending Updates". Throw all the stuff into the trash and see if that helps.

Esteemed Pioneer

"Try going into ~/Library/Application Support/H&RBlock/2017. There's a folder called "Pending Updates". Throw all the stuff into the trash and see if that helps."

That did not help.

Esteemed Pioneer

So here I sit, my software fully updated but I cannot file my return because it thinks there is a 0.00MB update available.

I will never be buying this software again.  Thanks to the new tax bill, and my standard deduction being increased so much, I should be able to file a 1040EZ.

I cannot understand how the software developers can be this incompetent.

Esteemed Pioneer

Has anyone been able to actually file with this program yet??

Pioneer

FYI:

I just downloaded the latest update and applied it and all seems to be okay.  When I open the app the Important Update Information box shows the correct Program last update.  The Next expected update says  Feb 9, 2018.  Ready to open return.  All seems normal.

Esteemed Pioneer

Well, I thought since I can't file my Federal returns yet I would check on my State.  I have the Deluxe version + eFile + 1 state.

NOW it won't download the state because it says I have to buy it for $40!   This is really getting ridiculous.

I know many people who have already filed their Federal return but I'm just stuck here waiting.