DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Prints Not for Filing on my state return

I e-filed the Federal return and now I want to print the state return and every page has the text 'nor for filing" at the top of each page.

The program isn't working and it appears I. have no choice but to purchase the state e-file.  This is really really bad.  Feels like I am being extorted to buy the state e-file option.

I am selecting the print and file option and yet when I print the state return it clearly isn't the right form to submit.

Is this a bug?

Will it be fixed by the filing deadine?

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Prints Not for Filing on my state return

If every page states "Not for Filing" for state, you made need to update your program. Open the software, click Tools at the top of the screen and select Update the Program.

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us at 1-800-HRBLOCK for further assistance.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

I am completely up to date.  I waited for the April 12 update before completing my taxes to make sure I had the latest and greatest version.  

We gave up trying to figure out why this wouldn't work and finally paid for the state e-file option.

I also had another issue with the app.  It would crash when trying to open a form.    I was told by the app to go fill in a form (isn't this application suppose to interview me and do the work???) but because of the continued crash  I had to "winged it".  The was related to an inherited IRA distribution for my spouse.   Every year something new and challenging comes up.  This year is was the 1099-R.

I'm running on the MacOS platform.  Last year I had no issues with HRBlock on Windows.  The MacOS version might not be as stable.  

Pioneer

"Not for filing" prints on both my federal and state.  Tried updating my program as instructed above by H&R staff, and didn't work.  Trying to save as a PDF so can take to copy shop to print.  So frustrating.

Associate (Pioneer)

Some pages will say Not for Filing on them. These forms do not need to be sent.

If all pages say Not for Filing, this usually indicates the program needs updated.

If pages say Copy Do Not File, this indicates the return was e-filed. If the return was rejected and needs to be printed and mailed, go through the process to file print and mail and the watermark should be removed. To go through the process again, click the File tab and be sure to select Print and Mail.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO