DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Please check your entries for Reimbursements Received From Your Employer. The entries on your Employ

I am getting this message:   Please check your entries for Reimbursements Received From Your Employer. The entries on your Employee Business Expenses can't be less than the reimbursements from your W-2, Box 12, Code L.

I believe last year the HRB program just treated the excess as income.  Couldn't I do that here as well?  How do I resolve this so I can e-file and get this over with.
Pioneer

Re: Please check your entries for Reimbursements Received From Your Employer. The entries on your Em

I called in to HR Block for the same question. There is a page that you enter the $ amount from Box 12 on the W-2 where there is a value for "L". This page is found by going to Federal, then Adjustments and Deductions, then Unreimbursed employee expenses, then the page with the heading "Enter your employer reimbursements that aren't on your W-2."

In the box enter the amount found for value L in box 12 on the W-2. This solves the HR Block accuracy review error but that is all I can speak for. Hope this is helpful for someone.