DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

No response from my tax pro

I haven't heard from "my tax pro" in nearly three weeks. Has anyone else had this issue? My return is not complete. What am I paying for?!

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: No response from my tax pro

Hello,

Please give us a call at 1-800-HRBLOCK so we can assist you with your issue.

Thank you,

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

I thought it was a great idea to use the file online with a tax pro since it said I would hear from my "Tax Pro" 2 days after I signed up. I haven't heard from him at all, and the deadline is approaching. I have emailed him 3 times since Monday and have heard NOTHING back. He hasn't responded or even acknowledged that I have emailed him or signed up to have my taxes done through him.

Associate (Pioneer)

Rufflesmom3,

Can you private message me with your username and a number to contact you at and I'll get this resolved for you?

- Matthew
Pioneer

hi,

I have the same problem, no response from my pro, and I called the consumer service number, just transfer me to different person and at last the line asked me to hang up. The deadline is approaching, I begin to concern if I can succsefully submit or not. 

Associate (Pioneer)

If you have not received a response from your tax pro 48 hours after submitting your return and the Overview page when you log in to hrblock.com states that your return is being reviewed by a tax professional, please send me a private message including your username and a contact number.

If the overview page does not state that your return is being reviewed, you will need to complete the submission process. Make sure to click Next all the way through the interview until there is no longer a Next button to click.

- Matthew
Valued Pioneer

I've had a similar problem with the professional assigned to me, Anacani Mateo.  After submitting my taxes, she sent me a long list of questions to answer before she would review my return.  She asked a lot of questions that were unnecessary (E.g., We filed married/jointly, but are we legally married?  We are, have filed this way for several years, and we've never been questioned.)

It appeared the only way to get Ms. Mateo to review our taxes was to answer the questions.  However, when I tried to send my responses, the hrblock.com message center gave error messages that it couldn't send my messages.  I sent a shorter message to Ms. Mateo telling her about the error messages.  Her response, after a delay of a couple days, was that we could use email instead.  Then I got an idea that I could send her the responses as an attachment in the message center.  I told her email would be OK, but to check the message attachment and see whether she could read my responses.

It's been almost a week since then.  Tax day is just around the corner.  I'd like for the professional to finish her review ASAP so I can do my final review and give an approval to submit my forms to the IRS and state.

I wish I could choose a different professional.  In past years, I've always been assigned a professional in my state, but this time I was assigned one from California.  The state probably doesn't matter, but when I'd been assigned one in my state for the past several years, I always got very good service.  I can't help but think that if only I could change to a different professional, my taxes would be complete much sooner.

Associate (Pioneer)

Isloan, I responded to your private message.

- Matthew
Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Thanks, @HRB_Matt.

I don't see any PM from you yet, though.  Do they take a while to be delivered?  Or maybe you misspelled my username (it starts with "L", not "i").

Valued Pioneer

Just to follow-up so others know how things worked out, I called 800-HRBLOCK and told a customer service representative about the problem.  He did some checking and determined my taxes could be reassigned from Anacani Mateo to some other tax professional.  I asked what would happen if this two-week delay by Anacani resulted in my taxes being submitted to the IRS after the deadline.  I was told that the new professional assigned to my taxes may file for an extension on my behalf to avoid penalty fees.

I'm satisfied with the response so far.  Now I will wait and see whether the next professional submits either my taxes or an extension on time.