DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Need A Way To Report Bugs

You REALLY need to provide a way to report bugs.  I have found a couple, but had no way whatsoever to tell you about it,  I called last year about one bug, but the agent reallly had no way to report it either.  It  was never fixed - it is still there in 2016.

Tax Pro

Re: Need A Way To Report Bugs

Robert3425,

Welcome to the community.

You can post information on bugs in the community and we'll pass it along.

However, keep in mind that many of the bugs in the software are corrected with updates throughout the pre-season, the tax season, and even into the off-season if there is something that's discovered later in the tax season.

You can find updates for prior year editions here.  (Scroll down the page.)

As always I hope this helps you out.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Bugs in Off-line Software

First, posting a new subject in these forums is nearly impossible.

Second, even getting here from the app is a many minute exercise in complete frustration!

Lastly, I will be sending this out via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.

The total HSA paid is moved to line 59 on the 1040 through form 5329 line 48. TOTAL HSA payments are reported as overpayment.  We just were nailed by the IRS for $240.  Walked through it with one of the tax attorneys and showed him via screen share where HR Block has a bug.  He's reporting it and making that info available to their customer service reps.

HOW MUCH OVERPAYMENTS ARE AMERICANS MAKING DUE TO HR BLOCK'S MISTAKE THIS YEAR?!?!?!?