DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

NC program missing Additions to Fed AGI items

In the NC state program, under Additions to Fed Adjusted Gross Income, the interview only asks about "other" additions. Since NC only allows a $25,000 section 179-deductions and I had a $30,000 deduction on my federal return I had to make an addition.  All of the options listed in the interview were posted to D-400 Sch S Part A line 5 (Other additions) .  There is no way (that I found) to enter the data for lines 1-4 without doing a manual entry.  I had to manually calculate the appropriate addition to Fed AGI on line 4 (Adjustment for section 179 expense deduction), open the Whole Form and right-click that item and select Override to be able to fill out that entry.  Had I not seen that my NC K-1 had a separate listing for NC and Fed section 179 I wouldn't have known to hunt down this adjustment.