DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Moved: Why can't I efile with form 8938?

[ Edited ]
Client Support

Re: Moved: Why can't I efile with form 8938?

That form is used for supporting documentation, it is not qualified as an e-filing form. It will need to be printed and mailed in. I will provide you the link for the form from the IRS website http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8938.pdf. I hope this helps, thank you for joining the Community!

-Misti

Valued Pioneer

But the form prevent me from efiling the whole return, both Federal and State.  I bought H&R Block tax software so I can efile.  This defeats the purpose.  Are you not going to allow this form to efile next year?  Is there a way to efile my return and send this one form by mail?

Client Support

Please contact 1-800-472-5625 Option 2. A Digital Representative will be able to assist you (if it's possible) in filing your return and mailing that form in. 

-Misti

Valued Pioneer

No, they don't have any other solution.  The form is supported in the program.  I can fill it out.  But doing so, I can't efile with it.

This looks like a bug or an oversight to me.  There really is no reason you can't efile a return with the form 8938.  It's so simple.  As I mentioned, TurboTax can do it.  Can I ask you to pass on the information to developer team to add efiling support for this form next year?  I really want to stay with H&R Block software.

Pioneer

And on top of this extra step (and expense) of having to mail the return just because of the f8938, the form for filing is not printing right!  Check the Part V  Line 9 on the form if you select foreign address.  It does not print the city, state and zip code, even if it lets you fill the info in the form.  What is funny, the script works for the continuation sheet.... but not for page 2

H&R please fix the form to print right, and allow us to e-file the whole return.

Pioneer

As of today, I can't e-file my 2014 return after I filled in more than one copy of 8938.

Not good

Valued Pioneer

FORM 8938 not supported H&R deluxe

[ Edited ]

The H&R Block doesnt support the form 8938, and doesnt disclose the problerm anywhere, so, do IF YOU ARE NOT AWARE of this limitation you will end up filing your taxes in a wrong way .... and you know the consecuences;

I WONDER IF THE H&R PEOPLE will contact the costumers about this problem with a workable solution the sooner the better;

I NEED TO EFILE MY TAXES INCLUDING THE 8938 form, what are my options ?

thanks - RAFF

Valued Pioneer

This not a supporting document but a required from by IRS. Please read the instruction of form 8938. It HAS to be filed wiht the return.

Valued Pioneer

Can I e-file with TurboTax if I have to file form 8938?

I have been using another brand which includes form 8938, but if you use it, you can't e-file.  Can you do better? Does it matter which version of TurboTax I buy, or do they all treat this form the same?

The above  was posted on Turbo tax forum I would guess from a HR Block User.  

Turbo Tax client support answer-->  TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home and Biz will work with a Form 8938.