DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Moved: Why can't I efile with form 8938?

I was wondering if this issue has been fixed for 2015 ?

Pioneer

Does anyone know the answer to whether this problem was fixed for the 2015 tax year?

Pioneer

Surprised to discover that H&R Block is letting me efile with an 8938 form this year (2016 taxes). I wonder if it's a mistake to do so. The efile system doesn't seem to tell me what forms are actually going to be submitted. The last thing I want to do is submit an incomplete return.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Last week I asked my HR Block tax adviser who e-filed my returns if form 8938 which I had provided to her, had also been filed.  I recall that there was a prompt in the software that indicated that I need to mail 8938 separately but the instructions for the form says that it should not be mailed separately but with the tax return.  Since she was filing my return I asked if she had filed this form as well.  She checked with somebody else and told me that it had been e-filed.  

However, the pdf file with my return that she provided does not include that form.  So, like rburriel, I remain concerned that I may not be in compliance with IRS requirements that I file 8938.  Not particularly happy about how HR Block handles this issue which seems to have been a concern for a number of years, to judge by the other messages on this site.  If Turbotax handles this better, I may opt to use that software and support next year.  

Any thoughts from others who have had a similar problem?