DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Lost Download Link

I filed my 2017 federal tax return using H&R Block's client program.  I have subsequently had to wipe my computer so I no longer have the installation file to reinstall the client program.  I'm nin need to printing my 2016 tax return for my daughter's college financial aid, but the link n my original email no longer work.s

How can I download the program now without having to repay for it?

Highlighted
Tax Pro

Re: Lost Download Link

Hi jdherrick,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

There is only one possibility here.  You will need to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK.  Let the agent that you speak with know what happened and hopefully they will be able to give you a new email link, access code, etc.

If you are unable to access your tax return through H&R Block you can get your tax information for free from the IRS.  You can pull your tax return transcripts instantly through the IRS website provided that you can pass their identity/security check.  Your tax return transcripts contain all of the information from your Form 1040.  Most banks & educational institutions will accept your tax return transcripts in lieu of your actual return.

There are also other options through the IRS by mail for both your transcripts & your actual return.  Getting a copy of the actual return costs $50 through the IRS, so you should try to obtain your tax transcripts first.  After that, if you haven't had any luck just let me know and I'll fill you in on the IRS mail options.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)