DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Lived in OH and worked in WV

In 2014, I lived in OH but worked in WV. My employer took taxes out for OH. I filed in OH. Do I have to file in WV? Based on preliminary calculations, I would owe in WV. Do I have to file in WV? Does anyone have any insight on this situation? 

Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Lived in OH and worked in WV

Hello MBaum - If you were a full year resident of the state of Ohio, your only West Virginia (WV) income was from wages and you did not have any WV taxes withheld from your wages, you are not required to file a WV return. Ohio and WV have a reciprocity agreement that would cover you and prevent you from owing any WV tax or having a WV filing requirement in this instance.

If you have any further questions, please utilize the Ask a Tax Advisor service in the DIY products.

Thanks!

Andy