DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Re: Issue filing Child Tax Credit (IRS Publication 972)

Thanks MattC for the confirmation.

Pioneer

Same problem here.  Solar and child tax credit.  February 23rd is ridiculous.  I've been waiting weeks and finally started searching and found this forum.

Looks like Turbo Tax will have a new customer next year.

Pioneer

I will be contacting customer service as soon as the phone lines open tomorrow.  My wife's cousin (CPA) already filed and have their refund (they have two children).  I'm going to run Turbo Tax and see if I have the same issue or not - if 'not' I expect to :

1) get a refund for what I paid for H&R's product

2) likely to never come back to H&R again

Pioneer

I definitely want a refund. This is a joke. Is this only for e-file? Can you print and mail in your tax return prior to the 2/23 update?

Valued Pioneer

Agreed about the refund--this has been a waste of time.

Anyone identified the best way to contact HR Block about requesting a refund?

Pioneer

As indicated before, if the residential energy credit is removed, this Child Tax Credit (IRS Publication 972) error disappears.  Will the fix that is scheduled to release on the 23rd correct this item as well?

Valued Pioneer
Highlighted
Pioneer

Thanks for the reply.  I can't emphasize enough how disappointed I am in the poor service H&R Block is providing on something that is such a well known issue.  I see no reason we should have to wait until February 23rd for H&R Block to get their act together.  An update on February 14th will be the only response that will have a chance of keeping me as a future customer!

Valued Pioneer

If you really understand your customer's frustration, you'll back up your words with some action. How about a discount or refund for those that stick around with your software next year for the time lost dealing with this. Until then, I'm shopping for an alternative next year.

Pioneer

Same here. I keep reading that it is in the next update, and the next update...Tax season will be over before we see an actual fix.