DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Importing from Wells Fargo

Can the H & R Block Premium program import from the Wells Fargo Advisors system?  End of year tax reports?

Client Support

Re: Importing from Wells Fargo

Hello leng, 

Yes - H&R Block does import from Wells Fargo Advisors, by signing into your account through the software (Smart Import); however, this feature is still being finalized, and the system tells me it cannot import until 1/30.

If the company can supply you with TXF-formatted file, the software will import from that as well. The option is at the beginning of the interview for TXF files, Smart Import is usually wherever you would manually enter items as normal. 

Even if you use importing to save time, it's imperative that you check each entry; H&R Block cannot guarantee the information is correct because it is coming from a third party. 

Thanks for this great question, and welcome to the Community!

Pioneer

How about TDAmeritrade?  It shows up in the list to download 1099-INT and 1099-B,but the website http://thefinancebuff.com/import-w2-and-1099-forms-into-turbotax-and-hr-block-from-where.html says its not supported? - Thanks.

Pioneer

Wells Fargo Advisors is not an option.  I was able to import Ameriprise and others.  I do not want to enter this information manually for Wells Fargo Advisors  - please update this thread - Is it possible to import Wells Fargo Advisors?  If I was able to get ahold of the TXF. file I would have already done this.

Also, I can download this info in the free version of  TurboTax - but the printout of it is not useful - I might as well enter the info from the package I received from Wells Fargo Advisors in the mail

thanks

Valued Pioneer

As of march/17/2015, Wells Fargo Advisors is still not available for import. This is so pathetic.

Pioneer

Re: Importing from Wells Fargo Advisors

CAn transactions from 1099 be imported from Wells Fargo Advisors?  Posts says that it will be available 1/30/13.  But Wells fargo Advisors isn't on the list of institutions and Wells Fargo dosn't seem to work.

Pioneer

Still doesn't work, can't import from WFA, just says Server Not Available. What's up, its April 13th, gotta get this done already???

Dave

Pioneer

I had the same issue with TurboTax some years ago the year following the Wells Fargo merger with Wacovia and the creation of what is now known as WF Advisorys, H&R doesn't have the correct link in their dB to access WF Advisors (Brokerage), they only have WF Banking, it is also my understanding the only way to directly import the .txf file is to use Quicken to download from Wells and convert. I begrudgingly paid to upgrade TurboTax and will ask H&R for my money back.  

Pioneer

Based on later replys this did not work for tax year 2014.  Has this been addressed for the 2015 tax year?  Anyone know?  Has anyone tried it in the 2015 year software?

Thanks

mtn
Pioneer

M Brown is wrong.  You can't import 1099 information from Wells Fargo Advisors into H&R Block.  You can only import WF 1099 data to Turbo Tax