DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

I have a 10-99-S reporting proceeds from real estate transaction. I do not see 10-99-S in forms and

I have a 10-99-S reportuing proceeds from a real estate transaction. I do not see a 10-99-S in the forms section. where does this post to?

Associate (Pioneer)

Re: I have a 10-99-S reporting proceeds from real estate transaction. I do not see 10-99-S in forms

Welcome to the community! That information will be placed under "Sale of Stocks and other Assets". In the interview it shows it supports 1099-B but the 1099-S goes there also for sale of real estate. If you enter "1099-S" in the search field it will lead you to the interview section you would need to input that information. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact 1-800-HRBLOCK (472-5625) and select option 2 for digital support. I hope this helps!

Thank you for choosing H&R Block

Lacey

Highlighted
Associate (Neighbor)

Re: I have a 10-99-S reporting proceeds from real estate transaction. I do not see 10-99-S in forms

Good afternoon and welcome to the Community.

First, what real estate transaction is this for?  Did you sell your personal residence or an investment property?

If it was your personal residence, was it sold at a gain or loss?

If it was a loss, you do nothing with it.  You can not take a loss on personal residence on your return.

If it was a gain, are you married or single?  Was the gain more than $500,000/$250,000?  If not, again, you do nothing with it!

If it was investment property, we have to go a whole different way with it.

Cindy Kowalski
Senior Tax Advisor 5
24 years experience