DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

TDO
Pioneer

I accidentally file twice...HELPPPPP!!!!

help...I was playing around with HR block and accidentally filed

Alumni Associate

Re: I accidentally file twice...HELPPPPP!!!!

Hello TDO. Welcome to The Community.

I don't think you have to worry. Once a return is efiled and accepted by the IRS, a second return cannot be filed under same name, Social Security number, etc. Submitting such a return would result in rejection by the IRS since there is already a return filed.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
WillMc1
Tax Professional (Retired)
Pioneer

I have the same problem and the status on both indicates pending

As WillMc1 mentioned in his post. Once one of your returns is accepted by the IRS, the other will be rejected.

Regards, Harold 

Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

Once submitted, there is no way to cancel an e-file submission. Usually in this situation, one return will be accepted and the other will be rejected. It is possible that both returns will be rejected depending on how they are treated on the IRS servers. You will receive an e-mail as soon as the status of the returns are updated. If the accepted return is incorrect, you may want to amend your return to correct any errors. If they are rejected, you should be able to correct any errors and re-file.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO