DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

How to fix Reject code 32-FD-F8962-043-02

[ Edited ]

I have review the Form 8962 several times. everything seems fine.  In reviewing other Rejection code the number after the form related to the line on the form, however the 8962 doesn't have a line 43 nor do the worksheet. 

How do I find out what is the reason for rejection to fix this?

Tax Pro

Re: How to fix Reject code 32-FD-F8962-043-02

Hi dsindy,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The ACA tax provisions are one of my areas of expertise & I can definitely help you get to the bottom of what's causing the rejection code that you're seeing, however I will need some information from you so that I can manually check over your Form 8962 and figure out where the error is.

I would need to see:

• a line-by-line description of your 1095-A
  • a line-by-line description of the 8962 you prepared
  • a line-by-line description of your 1040 page 1
  • How many people are in your tax family (count yourself, spouse if married & filing jointly, & any dependents that you have)?
  • Do your dependents (if you have any) have any income?

All of the above items play into figuring Form 8962.  If you would like me to look your 8962 over for you then you can send me that information by clicking on my name & putting it into a private message so that it's not visible to the public and I'll gladly take a look at it for you.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Ok

How do I attached the information?

Tax Pro

dsindy,

You have to type it into the message.  There unfortunately is no way to attach documents in messages sent through the community board.

Louis

Highlighted
Tax Pro

dsindy,

I found your error.

You did not include all of your income on Line 2 of the 8962.  You left out the business income & that must be included.  It will not make a big difference in the calculation, but your repayment will increase by a small amount.  All income is included for the 8962 calculation, including non-taxable interest & social security and excluded foreign income, and business & rental incomes.

Another thing I noticed is that you claimed the self-employment insurance deduction in addition to the premium tax credit.  In order to do that you have to have a policy that was set up under the business.  If the business is in your name then the policy can be set up in your own name.  When you're also claiming the premium tax credit on the same policy that is set-up under your business, the sum of the self-employment deduction plus the amount of the premium tax credit you are eligible for cannot exceed the total cost of your premium.  I thought I would put this part on the table because you can actually claim premiums you paid out-of-pocket for yourself, your spouse, & your dependents under the plan that you set-up under your business.  The limit on the deduction is equal to the amount of your earned income from the business so you can deduct a little bit more if you paid more out of pocket than what you deducted.

I've included your corrected 8962 in our private message.

Louis