DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Posts: 91
Registered: ‎10-03-2013

How can I access chat?

If you're using the H&R Block Online product:

  • Make sure that you're in the online product on any screen in your tax return.
  • Click on the Help Center link at the top of the page.
  • Click on any main topic on the list under Still need help? Here are our most popular help topics.
  • Click on your choice of topic under that main topic.
  • Click View More on one of the frequently asked questions on the link that opens up.
  • Click on Contact Us.
  • Click on either Get Program Help or Ask a Tax Question.
  • The chat support option will appear.
  • Click Chat Now

If you're using the H&R Block software:

  • Click Help under the Refund/Owe meter in the H&R Block software.
  • A new window will appear, click Customer Support.
  • Click Click here.
  • Click Get Started under Need Support Using this Program?
  • Scroll down the page and click Contact Us under Still haven't found what you're looking for?
  • Click Go to MyBlock underCustomer Support.
  • You will be prompted to create or log in to a My H&R Block account. Create a new account.
  • Scroll down the page and click Get Assistance.
  • If you do not see the Contact H&R Block button, start the process from the beginning by clicking Create Account on Step 5.
  • If you click the link and no window appears disable popups. If the window appears but is blank delete cookies and temporary Internet files. See the article Troubleshooting Browser and Login Issues (5538) for browser-specific steps.
  • Scroll down the page and click Contact Us under Still haven't found what you're looking for
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click either Chat Now under Need Program Help?or Chat Nowunder Tax Rules Question?