DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: HR Block 2017 won't install

It seems after a few tries "Run in Compatibility" mode worked for me with Windows 8.1 running in 8.0 mode. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first or second time but I am good to go now.

Still frustrated with HRBlock though, as I haven't had issues like this with TaxCut software in the last 10 years. 

Pioneer

Just about fed up with this after 1.5 hours wasting time. Never got confirmation email for online deluxe & state purchase however downloaded and installed the .exe for windows from the original purchase page. It installed and originally opened up but got hung importing 2016 tax file from 2016 H&R. Closed program after 10 minutes waiting and then it wouldn't reopen. UNinstall/reinstall didn't fix.

Spent a bunch of time on support line trying to explain issue...."uninstall and reinstall" suggested. which I had already done with same result.

Was sent another link to their .exe download (24 hr expire) which I downloaded (turns out same .exe/version). Went thru uninstall and uninstall again with same issue. Just about ready to jump ship but going to call support again tomorrow.

Have use this SW for 6-7 years without issue til now.

Windows 10 BTW.

Pioneer

Same here tried all of the fantastic suggestions and still get the date mismatch error. HP Laptop Windows 10.

Valued Pioneer

I also tried all the suggestions here, compatibility mode win 7, win8, checked that all windows updates are done, etc.

Always get the date mismatch error. So fed up with it.

Associate (Pioneer)

[ Edited ]

I have sent a private message to everyone in this thread still experiencing the DateMismatch error. If you did not get a message from me and you are having this issue, please send me a private message with your First Name, Last Name, e-mail address, and zip code and I will help resolve your issue.

- Matthew
Business Analyst, Kansas City, MO
Pioneer

[ Edited ]
HRB_Matt mot sure how to send you a private message, please provide more detail, need help
Associate (Pioneer)

dantegy,

You can click on my name to the left of this post. You will see "Send this user a private message" on the right side of the screen. Click that and you can type your message. I tried to send you a message and it did not let me. You may have this feature turned off. Alternatively, you can call 1-800-HRBLOCK and we can assist you.

- Matthew
Pioneer

There was no button to send you a message once I clicked on your name.  I just added you as a contact.  Anyway, I'm reading all of these messages as I'm trying to decide which tax software I should purchase off of Amazon.  It doesn't look good for HRB.  Has anything been fixed for downloading.  I have a new Mac running Sierra. What should I expect?

Highlighted
Associate (Pioneer)

Private messages were only sent regarding the Date Mismatch error. If you have a different issue, please post it to the community and it will be answered by the Community team.

- Matthew
Associate (Pioneer)

hpuhl,

The DateMismatch error was specific to some Promotional USB drives sent out to certain customers. The issue has been resolved.

You should have no problems downloading the product from Amazon or hrblock.com.

- Matthew