DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: H&R Block will not activate

Getting a server certificate error here.  De-activated firewall *and* antivirus and still same error.  I think H&R Block has been having server issues all day (took me hours for download link to work and to receive purchase confirmation email).  Hopefully issue will self-resolve soon but they only have automated phone support right now and it is of no help.

H&R Block, if you're having server issues, I suggest you a) post some sort of sticky note on your support website and b) actually staff your support line when you know you will be getting callers because your stuff isn't working.

Pioneer

Same problem here: SSL error code 20. All FAQ help not fixing issue.

Tax Pro

Hi LRFMAN,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

I will pass this along and post an update on the community boards if I find out anything further.

However, many times there is something preventing the download, so I've got a few suggestions for you (I realize you may have already done some of these).

You should make sure that any firewalls are deactivated before attempting a download, and you should disconnect any non-essential external devices.  These two things have been the culprit in software download issues for people in years past.

Also, make sure that your operating system is compatible.  Most downloads require one of the latest versions of your operating system.  If you use Windows, for instance, the 2017 software should work with Windows 10, XP, or better.

Make sure that your bank did not deny your transaction for your purchase of the software.  I realize that this probably doesn't apply to you, but it has happened to at least one other community member this year.

Try waiting a couple of days before making another attempt.  If the system is down or having issues today (I'm not saying it is, but if it is) then that kind of a problem should be fixed within a day or so.

If you still have trouble downloading you can call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK for further assistance.  For right now you have to call between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday for live support, but if they do what they've done in previous years it will change to 7 days a week during the tax season.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

I had the same problem. I reinserted my software disc and clicked on reinstall and then clicked on repair. The software reinstalled and then I was able to activate my software.

Pioneer

I am having the same problem, SSL error, date wrong, error code 20... annoying!
Highlighted
Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Today it works, at 3pm PST -- so evidently HR Block fixed this, as it was their own server problrm.

I'd done reboots with the other workarounds yesterday, also tried several times over hours, so it's quite clear the fix now was from there.

Hoping this helps picture for others....just trying again now should work....

Trusted Pioneer

Yep, mine works now, too, without having to reinstall, or disable AV or firewall. Must have been a server issue they finally fixed.

Appears to be broke again as of 01/15/2018 and today (01/16/18) at 12:55 PST.

Pioneer

Five weeks later (original post on 12/09) and the software still won't activate!  Is anyone listening?  HELP!

Associate (Pioneer)

[ Edited ]

Hi Ragu.

I sent you a private message to better assist.

Marlene
Client Service Social Media, Kansas City, MO