DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

H&R Block Premium preventing E-file of federal return if using form 3800

This is the second year in a row that I have had to file a General Business Credit form 3800 with my federal 1040.   This is a very common form and Turbo Tax allows it to be efiled.   I have confirmed with the IRS that they accept efile returns with form 3800.   I have used H&R Block from before it even had the H&R block brand name.   My taxes pass the error and audit checks with flying colors.   This will be the absolute last year that I use this software since I can't e-file - there is no point in using it if I have to print everything, mail it and wait for my refund.   Has anyone else had this situation?   The customer service rep for H&R Block confirmed that it is allowed to be efiled but their software doesn't support it........   It would sure be nice if one of the programmers could come up with a fix before the filing deadline.    Ironically enough - I use the H&R block Premium + Business and the business version allows e filing with a form 3800.

Trusted Pioneer

Re: H&R Block Premium preventing E-file of federal return if using form 3800

I am having a similar problem but not with form 3800 but form 8283.  I am blocked from e-filing.  I tried to remove the form and e-file but it is not allowing that to happen.  I will not purchase H&R Block software again if I cannot e-file.  I don't mind sending forms in later after I e-file but I should not pay for the ability to e-file then be blocked from using e-file.

Esteemed Pioneer

I have been blocked from e-filing my father's tax return for years because I need a second page for Form 1116.  I have to use more than four columns.  I have been blocked from e-filing my returns due to Form 8959.  

Pioneer

So the Premier + Business edition worked for you for last year's taxes?

I just spoke to the rep, he said they support efile of 3800, I told him I couldn't do it last year with Deluxe version, he didn't have much to say......I don;t know whether Deluxe now supports it, or if I would have to buy the Premier + Business, or if he just didn't know what he was talking about.....