DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Getting a copy of 2016 return?

[ Edited ]

Hi. I downloaded H&R Block's tax return software and used it to complete and submit my tax return for 2016. Now my computer has failed and I don't seem to have saved a digital copy of my return to my back-up drive as I usually do. Is it possible for me to download it in case I need a digital copy? Thank you.

Pioneer

Re: Getting a copy of 2016 return?

I actually did find a copy of my return finally so I don't need an answer to this question. Thank you.

Pioneer

Hi. I downloaded H&R Block's tax return software and used it to complete and submit my tax return for 2016. Now my computer has failed and I don't seem to have saved a digital copy of my return to my back-up drive as I usually do. Is it possible for me to download it in case I need a digital copy? Thank you.

Pioneer

did anyone get an answer about getting a copy of their 2016 taxes?

Highlighted
Tax Pro

HI mceodmr,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Unless you uploaded your tax return to your MyBlock account you will have to request a copy from the IRS.  You can request your tax return transcripts, which will give you all of the information from your tax returns line-by-line, by filling out and mailing Form 4506-T.  You can request an actual copy of your tax return and all forms that were filed with it by completing and mailing Form 4506 to the IRS along with $50.

If you completed your tax return online or in an H&R Block office you may be able to get a copy from an H&R Block office.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)