DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Highlighted
Pioneer

Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit

The new tax law retroactively extended the EVSE tax credit. Does the Online SW support this credit, if not yet will it and when?

Pioneer

Re: Form 8911, Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit

I have premium edition and still don't see form 8911. When will it be supported?  IRS has released this form for 2017 : https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf

Pioneer

I talked to support they said there is an update coming on 3-23-2018, it may have form 8911 as part of that, but they could not verify. So I guess I'll just wait. C'mon HR block!

Valued Pioneer

If it's any consolation, TurboTax added the form on March 2nd but isn't doing the calculations correctly.  I'm not real optimistic they're going to fix this and now am waiting on H&R hoping it comes next week.  

Pioneer

Does anyone have any updates on when the form will actually come out... Now I am hearing April???

Pioneer

I just downloaded the latest update for the Deluxe version and a search for Form 1189 found no joy.  The update feature stated the next update is April 6.  I'll change my calendar reminder for 4/6 and hope for the best.

Trusted Pioneer

[ Edited ]

I still don't see this form in the latest version as of 4/8/2018. 

Does anyone have any work around (manual calculation & plug it the number somehow?) in case they don't add this by the tax deadline? 

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

As of 4/10/18 @ 10:57 CT this form does not exist (with all the latest updates). I called support & they said this form is NOT supported in any of their products (& will not be either). They recommended that I pay additional fees on top of whatever I already paid in order to use their "Tax Pro Review" service or to file in person @ an H&R Block office.

The rep I spoke with didn't seem to care & it was pretty clear they were reading off a script ... he kept saying the same thing over & over ("8911 is not one of the forms our product support ...").

Disappointed in both the options to remedy the problem & also H&R Block's lack of effort to try & solve the problem. :-(

Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this? At this point, I'm not interested in giving H&R Block any more money ... I think whatever savings this form might get me would be negated by paying H&R Block for their suggested workarounds. 

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Pioneer

4/11/2018 updated federal , still no Form 8911.  Is there a manual workaround?