DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

File Header Blocked not Located

I did my 2015 taxes with HR Deluxe, sent to IRS was received and accepted, Now i need to go back to my taxes unfortunately,  am getting the following errors, (File Header Blocked not Located, Not a H&R Block Data file) (No TaxDataStoreHandle found for a TaxDataStore (see TaxDataMgr::getTaxDataStoreHandle())  I need to urgently get to the taxes any help is welcome. Note: The file .T15 is still visible as in it's there located in a document folder. - I've double clicked it, in an attempt to open, Used the software, File >>Open Saved return etc, to no avail. Thanks 

Tax Pro

Re: File Header Blocked not Located

[ Edited ]

Hi mastermudus,

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty with this.  One option that you have to get some assistance with software issues is to speak to a software support agent via online chat support.  You can also reach software support at 1-855-897-8639.

If you just need to see a copy of your tax return then you also have the option of requesting a copy of your tax transcripts from the IRS.  You can do this in person at any IRS office or through the IRS website.

Hope this helps you out.

Hi mastermudus,

Welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear you're having some software problems, but I just want to echo what Louis said. Calling to support is definitely your best option. Sounds like your software is missing some key files, but glad to know you can find your .T15 file. Support should be able to help!

Let me know if you run into any issues.

~Jillian

Valued Pioneer

Re: File Header Block not Located

The software dept was not very helpful, i even wondered whether i was charting with the software dept, or just regular customer service, am still in limbo, any assistant accorded to recovering the file would be greatly appreciated.

Valued Pioneer

The software dept was not very helpful, i even wondered whether i was charting with the software dept, or just regular customer service, I am still in limbo, any assistant accorded to recovering the file would be greatly appreciated. I have the transcript of the chart if any one wants to see it, I wish i could post pictures of the error mesaage hopefuly some one can assist.

Highlighted

mastermudus,

Please look for a private message from me.

~Jillian

Valued Pioneer

Thanks you very much the issue was solved, i really appreciate.

I am SO glad to hear that! Thank you for letting me know.

~Jillian

Check BoxDid my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as an accepted solution by clicking on the green "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!
Pioneer

Please can you tell me the fix? I'm having the same problem.

Tax Pro

Hi jtrimble62,

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried updating the software?  Sometimes things will not work if the software isn't up to date.  If updating the software doesn't work then your best option is to call software support at 1-855-897-8639 for assistance.  Here's how to update the software:

To update from within the program:

1. When you check for an update, we'll show the H&R Block Tax Software Manager dialog box.
  2. On this dialog box, click Next.
  3. If an update is available, click Update.
  4. Then follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the update.

You can always use our Update Center if you:

• Have problems updating from within the program.
  • Have Internet access on a different computer from the one you prepared your return on.

Windows users
Download an update from the H&R Block Tax Software Update Center:

1. For a federal update:
    1. Click the link Windows Program Updates under the Federal Updates section.
    2. From the drop-down list, choose the product version, and click Download Update.
  2. For a state update:
    1. Click the link Windows Program Updates under the State Updates section.
    2. From the drop-down list, choose the appropriate state program, and click Download Update. If your state isn't listed in the drop-down menu, then an update hasn't been released yet.
  3. Save the update file to your desktop.
  4. Close the H&R Block Tax Software program.
  5. Double-click the .exe file. If you can't find the update file you downloaded, you might have to perform a search for the file.
  6. Follow the instructions displayed by the update program to complete the installation.

Macintosh users
Download an update from the H&R Block Tax Software Update Center:

1. For a federal update:
    1. Click the link Apple Program Updates under the Federal Updates section.
    2. From the drop-down list, choose the product version, and click Download Update.
  2. For a state update:
    1. Click the link Apple Program Updates under the State Updates section.
    2. From the drop-down list, choose the appropriate state program, and click Download Update. If your state isn't listed in the drop-down menu, then an update hasn't been released yet.
  3. Save the update file to your desktop.
  4. Close the H&R Block Tax Software program.
  5. Double-click the .dmg file.
  6. Follow the onscreen prompts to install the update.