DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Federal E-file rejected due to Invalid RTN

Greeting,

I have had a federal efile rejected with code 32-FD-R0000-906-02, "The Bank Routing Transit Number is Invalid."

After the rejection I double- and triple- checked the routing and account numbers against a check, a bank statement, and last years return (the same RTN & account number was used for the 2016 return, which e-filed successfully with H&R block software last year).  I ended up copying and pasting the numbers from last years return (PDF) into the relevant fields, just to be certain, and re-filed.  The return was again rejected with the same code.

Assuming the RTN number was entered correctly, are there any possible resolutions to this besides requesting a refund check instead of direct deposit?  The routing number in question is for a rather small regional credit union.  Is it possible it is not yet listed in the IRS database as a valid RTN (even though it worked for last years return)?

Thank you.

Valued Pioneer

Re: Federal E-file rejected due to Invalid RTN

I'm getting the same issue; tried 2 different banks same result.

Pioneer

I have had the same problem and tried for 3hrs last night to solve it.  I even said the heck with it and just thought I would accept a check instead.  I can tell you that the same error returns even though nothing is in the banking section.

Over 110 minutes on hold, then no live person just directly to the survey.   Then call back and wait on hold for additional 6 minutes to explain to that I have been on hold and said they would have to escalate the matter and have someone call me back.  Still no phone call.  Been a customer/consumer for the past 10 years and first time I have encountered an issue like this.

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Pioneer

Likewise here crpdiem2. Tried 2 bank accounts and tried check refund which still got the RTN error. Called support and expressed the need to escalate and pay attention to the community. This does "seem" to be a problem on the IRS side since some Intuit users seem to report the same issue. I wish HRB would follow up.

Valued Pioneer

Has anyone had any luck resolving this yet?

Valued Pioneer

Wanted to post on here that I just tried again this morning and magically the return was accepted.  I changed nothing, just resubmitted the return.  Good Luck!