DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Error message after accuracy review

The total of the long term capital gain on assets acquired before January 1, 2012 and assets acquired after December 31, 2011 must equal the amount reported on the Federal Schedule D.

Anyone know what this means?
Associate (Pioneer)

Re: Error message after accuracy review

Hello NickNap27!

Welcome to The H&R Block Community!

It would be hard to say for sure what your issue is without some more information about your return. It could just be you made a typo when entering a date for a sale you made. If you would like to chat with a live agent regarding your issue, consider using H&R Block’s Ask a Tax Advisor service. Our tax advisors can give information on tax law and how it applies to your situation, and help you determine how and where to enter the information into the H&R Block products correctly. The following link describes how to get to chat: 

http://community.hrblock.com/t5/Community-Library/How-do-I-access-chat/ta-p/94368

Highlighted
Pioneer

I received the same error.

It is very frustrating, since this is information that the software filled out for me and the "Fix Issue" does not take you to a screen to fix the issue or provide any guidance.  I have tried changing the "Federal capital gains carryover" line manually to attempt to fix the issue, but it does not help.

How can I get help for your software error?

Pioneer

found the answer for Arizona.

State Income -> Subtractions from Income -> Net long-term capital gain subtraction 

It will ask you to split your long term capital gains/losses between those acquired before 1/1/2012 and after 12/31/2011 it works), which is why the software can't fill it out for you.

No thanks to the "Fix this issue" button or any other HRBlock help in finding this.

Can you guys fix your "Fix this issue" button for this case?