DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Emerald Card Problems??? Missing Tax Refund. Please help!!!

I've been getting run all over the HR Block Customer Service Departments (online, Emerald Card, Retail, etc.) with no resolution!!!

Here's a breakdown of what is going on as far as I can tell...

2/18 - Submitted taxes (online software); IRS Accepted

2/28 - IRS "Where's my Refund" website indicated tax refund sent to my bank

3/1 - Received email HR Block getting a $200 Amazon Gift Account setup

3/12 - Still waiting for the bulk/remainder of my tax refund.

Research so far:

1) Either unintentionally or via a system hiccup, my 1040 form shows a DIFFERENT refund account.  According to a CSR (this is an Emerald Account).

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Called HR Block 800-472-5625, option 3 online filer - Michelle said my refund is set to goto an Emerald Account and sent me to the Emerald Account people.  She said to specifically ask them when I would receive my Emerald Card.

2) Called Emerald Account people. 888-687-4722.  Ping (sp?) told me that they had NO RECORD of me in their Emerald Account System.  Sent me to another helpdesk.

3) Spoke with Tab (CSR).  She indicated that she saw an error on my account in that there wasn't any info sent to the Emerald Folks, even though that is the requested refund mechanism.  

4) Tab created a Case # and gave me the escalation phone #855-211-5334

5) Called Escalation phone #.   CSR indicated that they only handle retail accounts and created a new Case # and gave me a new phone number.  888-482-9288

6) New Phone # is same customer services as phone # in step1 (stuck in a loop!)

What I'm surmising happened:

1) By electing the Amazon Gift Card, the online services changed my refund account to an HR Block Acct (this makes sense since the IRS wouldn't split refunds and certainly wouldn't give me an Amazon gift card.

2) HR Block system hiccup, because I'm 99.99% sure I input my personal bank info (like the last 5 years of online filing) changed my method of refund to Emerald card in one place but not all the required spots, causing a disconnect.

3) HR block has the remainder of my refund (over $2,000!!!!) and doesn't know what to do with it and I can't seem to find anyone that can help me!!!!

You had a good product, but I'm ~2 weeks without my refund.  There's nothing online to assist me in tracking this down.  I've already spent the better part of 2 hours on the phone explaining this and I'm not getting anywhere!!!

Someone please help!!!  I've happy to chat with a rep to discuss and give case # info.

Re: Emerald Card Problems??? Missing Tax Refund. Please help!!!

[ Edited ]
Also, wanted to add that I called Step #1 phone #, option 1 and got the congratulations notification that the IRS accepted my taxes and that the method of refund will be DIRECT DEPOSIT...

So, HR Block, you got your wires crossed up on my taxes and I'm in limbo!!!!