DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: E-file attachment to Form 8606?

Guess what?  I am here because I cannot print not readily view my information on Form 8606 in the Turbo Tax program.  I was hoping that H&R Block would rescue me.  I have been using Turbo Tax for years and could not have been more satisfied until today, September 15th 2017.  I tried calling Turbo Tax but the computer guard is impossible to bypass.  I even called Staples and asked if there any complaints about Form 8606 and was told there weren't any.  My other problem is that I cannot even access the Safe Harbor Use Form for my state.  Well, I have until October 15th!

Tax Pro

Re: E-file attachment to Form 8606?

Hi my2cents,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Your best bet for tackling technical issues is to call H&R Block support at 1-800-HRBLOCK as they can usually provide more assistance in that area then the volunteers who answer questions on the community boards can.

You may be able to get the 8606 to print by printing an unofficial copy of your tax return (with the watermark) that includes all forms & schedules that you completed.  An official copy only includes those forms that are submitted to the IRS.  You can print an all inclusive copy if you're using the desktop software by making sure the appropriate check boxes are checked as you proceed to print your return.

I do have some potentially good news for you as well.

If you live in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas, or Louisiana all filing deadlines for September through January have been extended to January 31st, 2018 due to the two big hurricanes that ripped through those states over the past couple of weeks.  Interest & penalties for returns whose original deadlines fall within this time period have also been waived.  Only some parts of Louisiana & South Carolina are included in the extension so if you live in one of those states you'll want to check the IRS website for the specific areas that are part of the disaster declaration.

Also, if you are due a refund you cannot be penalized, and you actually have three years from the original due date of your tax return to file for your refund.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)