DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

E-FILE

I E-Filed my taxes last night arounnd 8pm. I went to check the efile status page today. I put in my required information, name, dob, and social security but it tells me there is an error. I went back over my taxes several time and i input the correct information. Does it take a certain amount of time before it shows in your e-file status system? Please advise. Thank you

Re: E-FILE

Hi tinat1,

Welcome to the Community. The IRS opened for processing today which means that your return is in the process of being transmitted from H&R Block and received by the IRS. Communication and statuses are only updated once every 24 hours which is likely why you're seeing an error. I'd recommend checking back sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

~Jillian

Valued Pioneer

Okay so with that meaning it doesn't show up on the H&R Block site for e-file status either? I guess that is where i am lost at. i checked the e-file status page on h&r block and it gave me an error message. So i need to check the H&R block site tomorrow or Wednesday?

Highlighted

Yes, I'd recommend checking back tomorrow or Thursday.

~Jillian

Trusted Pioneer

First time ever that e-file would not send.  What is H&R's problem, get with it people and fix the problem.  Turbo Tax may be in the fusture next year if you continue with this.

Trusted Pioneer

Everyone I know has used TT and has not had an issue and have all gotten their return 14 days or earlier after accepted date. I really will be filling with TT next year, much less issues, cheaper and a faster return.