DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Child Tax Credit Worksheet

My return cannot be filed according to the software because they need an update for the Child Tax Credit Worksheet from IRS Publication 972 but when I go to the IRS website the Publication is approved and posted.  H&R Block software not having this update is holding up my filing.  It also says that they don't expect another update till mid-February which is just crazy.  Is anyone fixing this?

Pioneer

Re: Child Tax Credit Worksheet

I had this issue as well, but only AFTER adding my solar credit.  If I remove the solar credit the error goes away. Odd that solar has nothing to do with this "child credit" form.  Patiently awaiting fix...

Pioneer

I am getting the same error and H&R block as no info and seem confused by it.

Did anyone get further than a "just wait for the update Feb 15th"?

Trusted Pioneer

Well, that's interesting...I added a solar tax credit this year too.  I wonder if that's the problem.

Trusted Pioneer

I was on hold for 90 minutes with support about this problem.  They escalated it up, they said, and will call me back in 48 hours.  Just now, I thought to check the support forums here.  Pretty angry right now.

Pioneer

I can also confirm it's a bug with the energy credit and the child tax credit. If you  GO TO the Child Tax Credit form it opens up the Residential Energy Credits form instead. If you delete the energy credits and rerun the accuracy review everything comes out ok. But re-add the Solar credit and the Child Tax Credit worksheet error pops up again. The irritating part for me is I don't even qualify for the child tax credit this year but I haven't been able to find a way to opt out of it other than totally removing my son from my filing.

Pioneer

Yes,

I am also claiming a solar tax credit and am blocked because it says the worksheet from Publication 972 (Child Tax Credit) is not available yet.

This is a bug.

How will H&R Block let me know when it is fixed?

Bob

2/1/16

Pioneer

Same issue for me as well. I'm not eligible for the child tax credit either, and am also claiming the solar energy credit. However, the software will not allow me to submit due to a missing 972 child tax credit form. Definitely a bug that needs fixed ASAP.

Pioneer

I am filing my 2017 taxes and it is happening to me now. It has been a whole year and they have not corrected the issue. 

Pioneer

I am filing my 2017 taxes and it is happening to me now. It has been a whole year and they have not corrected the issue. I have a solar credit as do the others in this feed.