DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Re: Child Tax Credit Worksheet

[ Edited ]

It's strange I filed my taxes last week with child tax credit no problem actually already received my refund I went to file my brothers today with child tax credit and it pops up with an error not claiming solar though

Pioneer

I am having the same issue and can't get ahold of anyone at H&R Block. This is ridiculous.  If they want my business next year they better get this fixed ASAP.

Pioneer

Same issue, and I did solar as well - hope there's a fix soon.

Pioneer

It looks like it will be fixed on Feb 23rd!  Ugh - I hate waiting and the fact this has happened in previous years makes me unable to 100% believe this.

Live Assistance

Krista S (Listening)
Krista S: Welcome to H&R Block Product Support! You are now being connected to Krista S. One moment please…
Krista S: Hi Anthony. How can I help?
Anthony : Hello - I am getting this accuracy review error - that publication 972 is needed:
Anthony : I've done research - it seems that other users are getting this as well if they have the unique scenario to have a child AND have a solar credit that they are claiming...which is my situation
Anthony : what are my options
Anthony : This community forum seems to better explain it.. http://community.hrblock.com/t5/DIY-Products/Child-Tax-Credit-Worksheet/td-p/69540#.WnzUdOdG38A
Krista S: yes there is a update coming up on february 23,2018 to resolve this issue and to allow you to efile. if you do not wish to wait for the update, you are able to print and mail your return
Anthony : OK so it is confirmed to be in the February 23rd update? I just want to be sure since it means waiting for close to $10,000
Krista S: yes it has been confirmed to be in that update
Anthony : OK thank you
Pioneer

I am also having this problem and they told me the update won't happen until March 2

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Count me among the "never again" crowd.  This is the first year I tried H&R Block software, and getting hung up by a completely nonsensical dependency like this kills any confidence I have in how their developers operate, especially when the problem has been known for years.  I've invested too much time in filling out my forms this year, but as painful as it is to jump around, I think next year I'll have to bite the bullet and either revert to TaxAct or up the budget and go with TurboTax.

I am having this problem currently.  I have been waiting on updates for three weeks.  I have no solar credits in my return.  No idea what the issue is and why H&R Block has remained silent.  After many years I am considering changing to TurboTax!

Valued Pioneer

For me, using the Windows version at home, the conflict between the solar credit and child credit was resolved in yesterday's update, and it finally allowed me to e-file.