DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Chat with H&R representative

Is there a way I have a chat with H&R representative to ask some basic questisons?

Pioneer

Re: Chat with H&R representative

I was trying to find out how to do this too. It's almost impossible to locate any live support options through the website Smiley Sad

Trusted Council Member

[ Edited ]

Hi CarlosMP,

Welcome to the community.

It is difficult to find the online chat option because you have to go through troubleshooting yourself first before it will prompt you to enter a chat with an agent.

Keep in mind that chat support is available from Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm during this part of the year.

(1) Make sure that you're in the online software on any screen in your tax return.

(2) Click on the "help center" link at the top of the page.

(3) Click on any main topic on the list.

(4) Click on your choice of topic under that main topic.

(5) Click "view more" on one of the frequently asked questions on the link that opens up.

(6) Click on "contact us".

(7) Click on either "get program help" or "ask a tax question".

(8) The chat support option will appear.

I'm normally on here every day as well and will answer your questions within a few minutes to an hour but I'm on a business trip at the moment so it may take a little bit longer until I'm back at home on Tuesday.

Hope this helps you out.

Louis

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Highlighted
Trusted Council Member

[ Edited ]

Hi microwiz,

Welcome to the community.

It is difficult to find the online chat option because you have to go through troubleshooting yourself first before it will prompt you to enter a chat with an agent.

Keep in mind that chat support is available from Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm during this part of the year.

(1) Make sure that you're in the online software on any screen in your tax return.

(2) Click on the "help center" link at the top of the page.

(3) Click on any main topic on the list.

(4) Click on your choice of topic under that main topic.

(5) Click "view more" on one of the frequently asked questions on the link that opens up.

(6) Click on "contact us".

(7) Click on either "get program help" or "ask a tax question".

(8) The chat support option will appear.

I'm normally on here every day as well and will answer your questions within a few minutes to an hour but I'm on a business trip at the moment so it may take a little bit longer until I'm back at home on Tuesday.

Hope this helps you out.

Louis

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Louis, I purchased the Federal Deluxe software in November, but just found out I needed to download it by February or it expired... well, it expired... and tax season isn't over... Not sure why this would expire before April 15th, but ok. Can you please assist me in obtaining a new download link for my activation code?

Thank you,
Keith

Pioneer

So I can't get a hold of a live person or chat online. We are trying to file taxes - we keep getting a message to update to deluxe but don't see an option to do that. 

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi keithqj - 

Our Product Support team can verify your purchase and provide you with a new download link, if needed. Please contact us at 1-888-482-9288, or follow the steps below to access chat: 

1. Click ?Help from the left-hand side of your return in the software.
  2. Select Customer Support.
  3. Select Click here to launch your Web browser. 
  4. Select the green button labeled Get Started under Need Support Using the Program?
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the green button labeled Contact Us. 
  6. Select the green button labeled Go to MyBlock.
  7. Click the green Create Account button and create your My Block Account (or log in, if you already have an account).
  8. Scroll down and select the Get Assistance.
  9. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green Contact Us.
  10. Click the green Chat Now button under the support needed.

Thanks for choosing H&R Block! 

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi stlsampsondec - 

I've sent you a private message to address your issue. Please check your messages and reply back for further information. 

Thanks, 

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate 

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi iammom2four - 

Welcome to the H&R Block Community! 

We are experiencing longer wait times than normal for both our Product Support team and our Tax Experts due to the filing deadline today. It sounds like you're in the right place, and we appreciate your patience. 

Dependent on your question, I may be able to help. Please let me know your issue and I'll do anything I can to resolve it. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate