DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Charitable Donation Website or App

[ Edited ]

When will HRB offer a stand-alone charitable donation manager? I've used the HRB software for three years now. Prior to that, I used TurboTax, which offered It's Deductible, a stand-alone donation management website. This allowed me to enter all of the clothing and household goods donations we made throughout the year, which numbered in the hundreds. When tax time came, it took a matter of seconds to import this information into the software and be done with it. Since using HRB software, I've been keeping a spreadsheet with that information and spending nearly 50% of my tax prep time RE-ENTERING the same information into Deduction Pro. For this reason alone, I'm contemplating returning to TurboTax. Deduction Pro is a great tool within the HRB software, but it would be EXTREMELY helpful if it was accessible via website, or mobile app, like other tax software allows. I've seen a number of similar questions in this form on the topic, but haven't seen any answers as to whether HRB has any intention of providing something like this. At the least, an Excel upload option would be helpful.

Tax Pro

Re: Charitable Donation Website or App

Hi mypawlak,

Welcome to the community.

I don't have any information on when or if something like this will become available, but I will pass along the idea.

Pioneer

Re: Charitable Donation Website or App

I completely agree and am considering changing tax preparation software for the same reason.  This is proving to be a big burden on me because we moved and downsized this year and donated a considerable amount of our household goods to charity in the process.  An import and standalone application should be considered a STANDARD and VALUABLE feature for any modern online tax preparation software package.  I've used my local tax pro for years, then switched to the Online H&R block last year and was dissatisfied with the donation section of the software.  PLEASE flag this request as a high priority in your Product Manager's feature request queue and review other threads in the community that support this notion.  You are likely driving a mass of unspoken customers away from your product because of a lack of year-long, convenient, importable donation tracking.  I strongly recommend performing a business value evaluation on cost/benefit of providing this service as well.