DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Cannot e-file Wisconsin S Corp return

I downloaded H&R Block Business 2017 software to my PC. I have it completely updated. All my data is entered correctly for my S Corp on the 1120S. I want to e-file my federal and Wisconsin return at the same time, but I cannot because "WI EF Info Bus" form "has not been approved". That cannot be correct that the state of Wisconsin has not approved a tax form as late as February 9th. Is this a software bug? Has anyone experienced this? Is there a work around? -Pat 

Valued Pioneer

Re: Cannot e-file Wisconsin S Corp return

Update: It's Monday February 12, 2018 and the Wisconsin form has been approved and the e-file can move forward. New Problem: I still cannot e-file because it says my customer number is not authorized to transmit. It says to contact customer service. How do I contact customer service? How do I get authorized?

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Update #2: After searching a while on H&R Block support site, I found this number for help: 1-800-472-5625 

The computer AI asking you questions is awful. Just say operator to talk to a human. I asked her why my customer number is not authorized to transmit e-file federal and state business returns. After a few minutes of research she said business returns will be available for e-file beginning on February 15. I'd be nice if the software just told me that from the beginning. I'll wait a few more days and if no more replies from me, it worked. 

Valued Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Update #3: I waited to e-file until 2-15-18 as requested by H&R customer service. It failed early in the morning. I tried again tonight on 2-16-18 and it failed again, saying my "customer number is not authorized to transmit. Please contact customer service." I will call customer service again. ... A few minutes later.... I just finished talking to a H&R service rep. The 'H&R Block Business 2017" software package was supposed to be up and accepting e-files today, but there continues to be a software problem on their back end. They are aware of the problem and are engineering a fix. I was advised to try to e-file the returns once a day until they are accepted. But first, everyday when you open the program, be sure to hit the "update" button to get the lasted improvements.  

As of 2-18 at 2:00 PM EST, no luck with Virginia either. Cannot file federal or Virginia. I get the same error as you.

Valued Pioneer

Update: On February 19, both state and federal returns were successfully transmitted. I'll check the acks tomorrow to confirm they were both accepted. While I'm glad it's finally working now, these issues should be solved, tested, and ready to go by February 1 of any given year.