DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Trusted Pioneer

Can't submit 2nd State return while 1st is pending?

I've submitted a VA Non-resident return this morning. That is pending. 

I'm able to complete my DC resident return, however, I can't seem to find a way to submit it. Is it correct that I can't submit a second state return while the 1st is pending? 

Thanks!

Tax Pro

Re: Can't submit 2nd State return while 1st is pending?

Hi charlesonmissio,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

If your state return is still pending and it has been more than one day then there's likely something wrong.  Your return should either show accepted or rejected status rather quickly, usually within about 30 minutes, unless there's something going on with your state on the state's end.  If you don't see "accepted" status soon make sure you call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance.

You can't submit your second state return because your first one is stuck.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Trusted Pioneer

OK, once VA was accepted, then I could submit DC. I don't think the software actually explains this, so it was a bit confusing. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tax Pro

You're quite welcome.