DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Can't download State 2015

I have paid for State download software after I'm done with Federal Tax return, But when I click on the State to download, I didn't see any link Smiley Surprised. Anybody can help with how I can download State software ????. I got the email confirmation for the payment, but there's is no link to download in email too .Smiley Surprised Too bad. 

Tax Pro

Re: Can't download State 2015

Hi Tyconuong,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

You've got a couple of options here.  You can call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK for assistance.  You can also go to your state's department of revenue website and see if they offer free file through the state.  Many states have the option to file your state return for free on their DOR website.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,
Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Highlighted
4l

I'm having this issue as well. I would like to keep everything together and file with the HR Block software given it has taken my money twice now to file State through this software............ Smiley Mad

Associate (Pioneer)

[ Edited ]

Hi Tyconuong & 4l- 

From within your software, please follow the steps below: 

1. Click Tools from the upper-left menu. 
  2. Select Get State Program. 

If you have previously installed, or attempted to install the state program, follow the steps below: 

1. Click Tools from the upper-left menu. 
  2. Select Reinstall State Program. 
  3. Select the state you need to install from the available list. 

If you need additional assistance, please contact our software Product Support team at 1-888-482-9288, or follow the steps below to access chat: 

1. Click ?Help from the left-hand side of your return in the software.
  2. Select Customer Support.
  3. Select Click here to launch your Web browser. 
  4. Select the green button labeled Get Started under Need Support Using the Program?
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the green button labeled Contact Us. 
  6. Select the green button labeled Go to MyBlock.
  7. Click the green Create Account button and create your My Block Account (or log in, if you already have an account).
  8. Scroll down and select the Get Assistance 
  9. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green Contact Us
  10. Click the green Chat Now button under the support needed.

Thanks for choosing H&R Block! 

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate

Valued Pioneer

Thanks RachaelP for your help . 

I have called to the service center, a lady has sent me a link to download the State software . I came to pay twice and she helped me to refund it back. Thanks all. But the problem is, HR Block didn't let us E-file the tax return of a prior year Smiley Sad  ( 2015)  . And I don't have any IRS PIN number from year 2015 , this make me can't EFILE my tax return 2016 too Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad 

Valued Pioneer

Thanks Louis, I have called support and got help already . On;y one thing more, how can I get the IRS Pin so I can Efile my tax return 2016 ( due to I didn't have any IRS Pin from year 2015) . Please let me know if you can help . Thanks in advance 

Associate (Pioneer)

Hi Tyconuong - 

If you filed a 2015 return (whether e-file or print/mail), you'll just need your 2015 AGI (rather than the IRS PIN). The AGI can be found on line 37 of your 2015 Form 1040. Then, you'll self-select a PIN for 2016. 

If you need help, send me a private message (click on RachaelP to see this option) with your full name, phone number, email and ZIP code and I'll assist. 

Thanks,

Rachael