DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Trusted Pioneer

Can't download 2011 State

I recently reinstalled 2011 Deluxe, which I formerly used to file my 2011 Fed and California State taxes.  The state download is no longer available from within the software, and it does not appear to be available on the website.

Tax Pro

Re: Can't download 2011 State

[ Edited ]

Hi spoolin01,

The link in the older post above still goes directly to the 2011 download page.  I just checked and California pulls up without any issue.  However, they did change the download procedure at some point.  If you didn't purchase the 2-year download protection service that it offers (which may not have been offered in 2013 and would also have run out for that year by now) or if you purchased the software at a store then you'll have to call support at 1-800-HRBLOCK to get a free copy because it will not let you download for free otherwise.

I can't guarantee that they'll give you a free download but if you paid for the software and it was supposed to come with a state return and you simply can't download it then they should be able to give you a free download coupon code.

Here is a link directly to the page for California:

2011 CALIFORNIA DOWNLOAD

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Trusted Pioneer

Re: Can't download 2011 State

I spoke with a CS agent who was adamant that CS had no download codes to provide, that I would have to buy the software and that that was fair because I had bought the original Fed+State product from a retailer and not from Block, and that a supervisor would not be able to do anything more than he.  I spoke with a supervisor who promptly forwarded a DL link for the CA state software.