DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Business 2016 1120s unable to create efile

I receive the following error message when I hit create efile.

Error: The Federal 1120s electronic filing product is not yet approved by the IRS for electronic filing. Check periodically for updates.....

When I contacted support they said this was supposed to be approved  2/15/2017 but obviously that didn't happen. Now I am being told it will be another 7 to 10 business days before they get back to me, no promise of a resolution. 3/15 is the filing deadline and I have K1's to get out!

Anybody else waiting on a resolution here?

Highlighted

Re: Business 2016 1120s unable to create efile

tadarb,

Welcome to the Community. I'm told by the digital product team that the IRS has approved the form and the e-filing is now available. I also saw on another thread this morning that a client was successfully able to e-file with the 1120-S.

Thank you for your patience.

Pioneer

I was able to create and transmit the efile as of this afternoon. Thanks!

Pioneer

I am having same problem with 1120s but it is telling me it cant create eFile because form 8865 is not allowed to eFile.  I looked up 8865 and it is K-1 that says it is for Foreign owned corp???  I have not entered anywhere there are foreign owners because there are not and I don't understand why it is telling me this.  K-1 is the form that has all my basis, paid in contrib, distrib, etc.  It doesn't mention anything about foreign owned.  I'm confused