DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer

Bug in HRB2016 Deluxe Foreign Accounts

I entered two foreign countries into the program, but only the first one shows up on the printed return. I doublechecked the internal Schedule B and it shows both countries.

Tax Pro

Re: Bug in HRB2016 Deluxe Foreign Accounts

[ Edited ]

Hi Privatier,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

The 1040 only has room for the information for one foreign country on the top part of page 1 so it isn't actually a glitch in the program, but rather it's only showing one country because that's all you can enter on a 1040.  If you're talking about income from a foreign country though then that should all be reported.

The IRS will receive your Schedule B, so as long as all of the income is reported correctly you will be fine.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Highlighted
Pioneer

On the pdf for filing on paper, as printed from the program, Schedule B Part 3 line 7B has space for 86 characters - room for the name of three countries, with commas in between. Having only one name showing up is not what I expected.

I will add the name(s) manually.

Tax Pro

Writing them in is certainly an option.