DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Best of Both

When can I start my 2016 taxes using Best of Both? Thanks

Tax Pro

Re: Best of Both

Hi b0tr0,

Welcome to the community.

Tax filing season starts on January 23rd, so you'll definitely be able to by then.

If you enter all of your tax information into your return in the online software as soon as you have the chance you may be able to go ahead and submit the return now.  If you don't see the option yet then you'll want to give it about a week and check back.

The tax pros who handled best of both returns in my office last year were pretty swamped by the time tax season was half-way over with and the longer people waited the longer it took to get their returns back, so you the earlier you can submit your return for best of both the shorter your wait time will be.

I hope that I've been of help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Valued Pioneer

So if I start using the online software it's for 2016 tax year? Do you have a link to where I'm supposed to go to download the software or prepare it online? Thanks

Tax Pro

b0tr0,

Yes, you would start using the online software for the 2016 tax year if you go that way.

Here are a couple of links for you:

If you choose to file online you'll be able to view your tax returns and print them from within your MyBlock account, which you'll create when you complete your first online return, at any time throughout the year.

If you decide to give the desktop software another shot and it tries to charge you for the download, then as I previously mentioned you should give client services a call at 1-800-HRBLOCK to get a refund of anything you previously paid for the software that isn't working.

Always glad to be of help.

Louis