DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Best Method to Generate Previous Year's State Tax Return (MO)

When I filed my 2015 Tax Return through H&R Block's website, I failed to file my MO state return alongside my federal.

What is the best method for generating my 2015 state return through H&R Block and then getting it filed? I see that I can purchase and download the 2015 software from the H&R Block website? Is that the best method? If I did that, could I import my 2015 return information from the website somewhow?

Tax Pro

Re: Best Method to Generate Previous Year's State Tax Return (MO)

Hi adamray1979,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

Returns for tax year 2015 can no longer be e-filed in the H&R Block software.  You can access a PDF of your federal return for that year in your MyBlock account though.

Your best option here is going to be to print your federal return and documents and then use them to fill out your 2015 Missouri tax return.  You can complete the Missouri return using the 2015 H&R Block desktop software if you would like, or you can find all of the forms that you'll need on the Missouri Department of Revenue website in printable format.

Your other option is to visit an H&R Block office and complete the state return with a tax professional.  Most states usually cost somewhere between $40 and $60 to complete in an office.

If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)

Pioneer

Thanks Louis. I really appreciate the detailed response.

Tax Pro

Welcome.