DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Apparent new bug Form 1099-MISC

I'm using H&R Block for Business 2016. I have three 1099-MISC returns there. One, the oldest, is 100% fine. Another, when I print to PDF, produces an invalid file that Acrobat can't open. Yet another doesn't offer Form 1096 as a print option; Review gives an error "Form 1096 needs to be open" but offers no clue on how to open it. The payer information is all filled in. Anyone else have this problem/solution? Thanks!

Valued Pioneer

Re: Apparent new bug Form 1099-MISC

SOLVED! Had help from Howard of the escalation team. He told me to add Form 1096 manually. That worked! I think it's still a (minor) bug because 1096 was always added to 1099 returns automatically before. And if clicking on the error in Review sent the user to the Add Form dialog, I would never have had this problem.
Valued Pioneer

Re: Apparent new bug Form 1099-MISC

Printing to PDF creating an unreadable file – SOLVED. Looking around the 'net, I discovered that with non-Adobe PDF creators this happens when the output file name contains fancy characters. In my case the "fancy character" was the underscore! Used a dash instead and got a fine PDF file.