DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-10-2018

Amended Tax Return Help

I am trying to amend my federal tax return that I E-Filed with the free version of H&R Block. When I click amend it says that it doesn't see that I have E-Filed and asks if I mailed my tax return. If I click no I did not mail it (Because I E-Filed) it says you cannot amend an unfiled tax return and lets me go no further. I have my email confirmation that my Federal E-File was accepted and need to amend it due to receiving an addition W-2 after I filed. (I quit a job December 2016, and got the last check first of January 2017. I thought I got the check in 2016). I am Married Filing Separately with no deduction or additions. No dependents. Nothing Extra. I have already done my SC Amended form, which has to be printed out.

Posts: 273
Registered: ‎11-10-2016

Re: Amended Tax Return Help



Welcome to the Community. I would recommend contacting H&R Block client support and having them confirm that your return was e-filed. They can be reached at 1-800-472-5625.