DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Card Problem

It has been 3 weeks now since I received my federal refund which was automated to my bank account.  Nothing still from amazon.  Thus, my hope of receiving the email confirmation is 1 week past the hopeful 2 week period that was mentioned in other posts.

Valued Pioneer

I'm in the same boat. My refund was deposited on 2/27, still no sign of my gift card....

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

I am in the same boat. IRS deposited on 4/14. Sad to think these guys are slower than the IRS.

Even worse is the runaround on the H&R Block Website. There is NO Email address for customer support or service, after I bought their product. 

The Phone number routes to an automated assistant that takes 30 seconds to answer a question while it "thinks about it". Obviously I called in the evening, as I WORK for a living during the day. No support.

Not happy. Not happy at all. I see numerous posts here with similar messages. This is supposed to be a moderated forum. So where are the replies from H&R Block???

EDIT: I did see a response to one post about resending the email. THere are no response or answer though as to WHY it takes so long to get the emails out to us. Still Waiting for that one.

Again, feels like no support.

We need to hear from H&R Block ASAP and we need action ASAP. This is not me simply complaining. I am held accountable for my words and actions. I am required to deliver on what I promise. That is ALL I ask from H&R Block. Do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it. Simply do your job. Just like I do, every single day.

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi H&R Block Community -

If more than 48 hours have passed since you received your remaining tax refund from the IRS (any amount not designated toward the Refund Bonus offer), please contact our software Product Support team and let them know your Amazon Refund Bonus (email) is overdue. We'll work with your to verify your refund information, and reach out to Amazon on your behalf to have the Refund Bonus email resent.

Call H&R Block Software Product Support at 1-888-482-9288, or follow the steps below for chat:

1. Click ?Help from the left-hand side of your return in the software.
  2. Select Customer Support.
  3. Select Click here to launch your Web browser. 
  4. Select the green button labeled Get Started under Need Support Using the Program?
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the green button labeled Contact Us. 
  6. Select the green button labeled Go to MyBlock.
  7. Click the green Create Account button and create your My Block Account (or log in, if you already have an account).
  8. Scroll down and select the Get Assistance 
  9. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green Contact Us.
  10. Click the green Chat Now button under Need Program Help?

Thanks for choosing H&R Block! 

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate

Pioneer

Thanks!

I called Today at lunch. Spnte 8 minutes before getting an associate who had no clue, spent 10 minutes before "escalating" me. I sat on hold for the rest of my luch break - over 40 more minutes before I hung up.

This evening, before leaving my office, I called again. Wait was short. The Associate who answered also had no clue. She was nice and polite, and came back to me several times while I was on hold to let me know she was still trying to find an answer.

An answer her bosses should have had at her fingertips.

Finally, she told me that the email was coming from Amazon, not H&R Block as the Deluxe program said it would. Hence my confusion. While we talked at this point, an hour into the call, I pulled up my email on my work computer, and guess what? An email from Amazon, not H&R block.

I am gratified to have this resolved. The service folks with whom I spoke were kind and patient, but not prepared. The Software package itself provided misleading information. 

Impressed with the people, not impressed with the planning and execution of this software package, and the lack of information readily available to the service reps.

Thanks.

Associate (Neighbor)

Hi brandolph86 - 

Thank you for this feedback, and I apologize you didn't have a great experience - we can do better. I will make sure we address the issue further with our product and support team. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block Associate 

Valued Pioneer

This process didnt work for me.

Chat Now...

The person I got did not have any idea what I was talking about.

On the phone however, I did get escalated to someone who knew how to get the emails resent.

So it is possible at least.

Highlighted
Valued Pioneer

Rachel,

Is there anything you can do to help get an email resent?

I have followed your suggestions.

I even got escalated to some one who told me that they had my name on a list and that I would receive it in 5-7 days but that has passed.

I just need the email resent to the same address it went out to originally.

I got two emails, and one of them had a problem and wont open.

The other has been successfully transferred with no issues so I don't believe there are any identity concerns.

I can actually see the email header from the original email but it wont open.

I am now considering calling my local news station and seeing if a story about how unsafe doing business with H&R block can be and contacting a lawyer to start a class action lawsuit.

It should not be this hard to get an email sent and H&R block has a duty of trust that they will make an effort to complete this transaction.

There is no scenario where I am going to write off my $1300 Smiley Happy

I would spend more money than that to see this kind of issue fixed by H&R Block and Amazon moving forward.

PLEASE!

Smiley Happy

Associate (Neighbor)

Hello Pfenverdel - 

I have sent you a private message with additional information. Please feel free to reply there with additional questions, otherwise, we will be in touch via the phone number or email listed on your account as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Rachael 

H&R Block 

Pioneer

Oh Happy Happy Day!

Rachel,

Not sure if you were the one that tipped the scales or not but thanks for your efforts.

For those reading that got here through online search.

My advice for what it is worth.

Go through your favorite contact method.

Then escalate past first level support.

I have talked to a few of them and there doesn't seem to be any knowledge on the topic.

Once you get to second level support, there is a single person in second level support that has a list of people that need to have emails resent.  You have to get on that list and then wait for it to be processed.  Please keep in mind that there are security considerations involved so if you request is not to resend it to the same address etc, you will likely be out of luck.

I did not talk to the actual person who processed the list but I was 2/2 on second level support about knowing about the list, and getting me on it.

Good Luck!