DIY Products

DIY Products

Whether you’re an experienced do-it-yourselfer or doing your own taxes for the first time, this is your place to learn and share. Here you’ll find information and resources for using H&R Block’s online and software DIY solutions. You’ll also find links to more information to assist you on your DIY journey.

Valued Pioneer

Amazon Gift Card Bonus wasn't 10%

I filed my taxes a couple weeks ago with HR Block software that I purchased through Amazon. Tonight I got my refund money just fine.  I also applied some of my refund to the Amazon Gift card to get the 10% bonus.  However, my bonus amount was not 10% it was 6.458% instead...?  Why was this?  I can't find any reasoning behind not getting the full 10% in any of the fine print.  Last year I did the same thing and got the full 10% (I applied the same amount to an Amazon gift card last year).

Why didn't I get the 10% bonus?

Pioneer

Re: Amazon Gift Card Bonus wasn't 10%

Did you get the 6.something% of your whole tax return or of what you put on the amazon gift card?

My mom used to work for H&R block and according to the software, you get 10% of what you put on the amazon gift card. For example, Im getting $200 of my tax return on an amazon gift card and am getting a $20 bonus.

Valued Pioneer

It was only 6+% of the amount I allotted to the Amazon gift card.  I put $1000 towards the gift card so I should have gotten $1100 like I did last year, but this year I only got a gift card for $1064.58

gfshurts,

You were credited the full 10% of your refund but the amount of the refund was less than you you expected. H&R Block isn't notified by the IRS when a filer's refund is reduced.You'll need to contact the IRS to find out why your refund was less than you expected.

Harold

Valued Pioneer

Harold,

That's not the case.  My refund was larger than the $1000.  I just put $1000 of it to the Amazon gift card that should have had a 10% bonus that was not 10%.  I got all of my refund money that I was expecting, the only thing off is that the 10% Amazon bonus was not 10%.  I did the same thing last year and got the full 10%, but this year it wasn't 10%.  That's what needs to be fixed.

Pioneer

I just got my refund but have not received my amazon card.  The refund amount posted to my account was less than the full refund amount so I am assuming the rest went to my amazon card but I have not received anything from HR Block regarding the rest of my refund that I applied to an amazon card.  Any suggestions?

Tax Pro

Hi smrobin5,

Welcome to the H&R Block community.

They usually send you a link to claim your refund bonus in an email.  If you didn't get the email please make sure that you check your spam folder.

If you've already gone through those steps then your only other option is to call the refund bonus hotline for assistance (or call 1-800-HRBLOCK and ask to speak to someone about your refund bonus and they'll get you to the right person.

At the community level we do not have access to actually access accounts and check on refund bonuses or resend email links, but I will do what I can to help if all of the above fails.

Louis,

Senior Tax Advisor (Tampa, FL)